While summer camps offer a wide variety of activities and events, sports camps can offer much more than safe and fun place for children to spend their summer breaks. The opportunity to learn and grow within a summer basketball camp makes them an ideal destination for parents who invest in their child’s future. We created a short list of some of the top benefits to campers who attend summer sports camps in Phoenix.
1. Fitness and Exercise: One of the most obvious and important benefits from summer sports camp is getting kids active during their summer break. The majority of a school year is spent in the classroom, sitting at desks. Summer break is an opportune time to get out of the classroom and into the gym.
2. Self-discipline and Positive Attitude: All children, at some point in their lives will face challenges and adversity. Sports camps help children learn the importance of perseverance while giving them confidence to tackle problems on their own.
3. Goal-setting: Summer sports camps often teach children the art of goal-setting while providing the fortitude necessary to reach them. Goal-setting is an underrated tool which helps children and adults reach their full potential.
4. Mentors: Coaches are a great source for positive mentorship, especially in children. Not only do coaches help build skills that can be used on the field, but also instill in campers a self-esteem which gives them an advantage in all aspect of life.
5. Social Engagement: The ultimate goal for any summer camp is to provide their campers with a safe, fun and engaging environment to learn and grow. Sports camps engage children in activities that foster a positive attitude and develop a teamwork mentality.
Summer basketball camps provide children with an array of skills and abilities that cannot be gained during a summer spent at home. Getting kids out of the house and into a camp can be a life-changing event for the whole family!
The Game On! team is full of energetic coaches and staff who have a passion for sports and helping children grow. This blog represents some of their interests and useful information they feel is important to share with our campers and their families.